The Review: Clarisonic Smart Profile Face & Body + Pedi

After using and abusing my beloved Clarsonic Mia for 4 years, it finally stopped working. I immediately noticed a not-so-great change in my skin— the tone was less bright than usual, I saw a few blocked pores and I never really felt like I could totally wash my makeup or SPF off. 

So after a few days of basically attacking my skin with every grainy scrub I have in hopes of clearer, brighter skin (I wouldn't recommend this), I caved and upgraded to...

The Clarisonic Smart Profile! (As well as the Pedi attachments!)
via Sephora

Upon opening the huge box the Smart Profile comes in, I knew one thing for sure: this device is fancy. The package contained the cleansing brush, a charger, a stand, a face brush head, a body brush head, a body scrub and a face wash. I also purchased the pedi brush head set which includes a smoothing disk, buffing disk, foot scrub, foot serum (who knew this existed?!) and foot balm.

It took my awhile to try out all of the products, but let me tell you: the Clarisonic Smart Profile is amazing! Let's start out with the facts and then move on to my favorites—

The Smart Profile system, which supposedly cleanses 11x better than manual washing alone, features four manual speeds (1-4 for gentle to professional level cleaning) or "Smart mode" which changes the power of the brush as you move around your face. Apply one pump of cleanser to the center of the brush head, hit the power button and begin cleansing your face starting at the top of the forehead (20 seconds), moving into the T zone (20 seconds) and then to cheeks (10 seconds each). This helps increase absorption and efficacy of your cleanser in addition to promoting cell turnover and clearing out pore-blocking bacteria. Switch to the body brush for 3 minutes of head to toe polishing, which is perfect for getting your skin prepared for airy spring clothing.

The two pedi attachments also work with the brush handle. Start on dry feet with the smoothing silver disk, which should be used for three minutes all over the foot, especially where dry skin accumulates. Follow up with the buffing brush (to be used on wet or dry skin) that runs for 2 minutes. 

My favorite part of the whole experience was trying out the body brush. I think it works best to use this right before shaving legs as it cuts back on irritation and razor burn by softening skin. The body scrub smells amazing, but works best if you apply it all over your body and then go over it with the brush rather than applying it to the brush. 

I also enjoyed using the pedi products, but would definitely make this a twice-per-week (paired with a face mask?!) ordeal as it is a little too much effort for daily use. 

And as always, I will be using the sensitive skin face brush on the lowest setting every night during my cleansing routine.

To purchase the Clarisonic Smart Profile click here.
To purchase the Pedi set click here.
For the SMART face and body brush click here.
For replacement Pedi brushes click here.

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment