Friday, Friday, Friday!

Happy Friday the 13th! Oooooh spooky!! Here's my weekly wrap up of everything I loved on the Internet over the past 7 days...

ONE // Staging & Style at Paris Fashion Week
via NY Times
Now that Paris fashion week has wrapped up, fashion month has officially ended. The New York Times is famous for their coverage of all the chic festivities, and one of my favorite pieces was about the importance of the setting of fashion shows. "Staging & Style" examines the presentation choices by legendary labels including Chanel, Valentino and Saint Laurent. Read the fularticle here.

TWO // Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF
via Sephora
As the weather here in sunny California heats up, I have found myself wearing less and less makeup. A recent favorite of mine is Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in the oil-free formulation. The coverage is sheer but surprisingly build able if you apply it with a makeup brush. Buy it here.

THREE // The Power of Good Enough
via The Atlantic
As a generally driven person, I will probably always struggle with stress management. As I've been turning to meditation, increased exercise and a clean diet for peace of mind, I've realized that another effective tool for dealing with stress is changing my attitude from perfection-obsessed to satisfied. I stumbled across this article in The Atlantic titled "The Power of Good Enough," which focuses on creating realistic and healthy standards for life. In the world of blogging, this is a reality check everyone can use— focusing too much on having the perfect outfit or Instagram photo is not always so important.

FOUR // The World's Weirdest Library
via The New Yorker
The New Yorker has excellent cultural features, and this week's look at London's Warburg Institute was super intriguing. The library is known for its quirky collection and categorization of books, with each floor making up a rather vague group such as First Floor: Image, Second Floor: Word. However, now the future of this unique library is in limbo as one of London's universities wants to take over the collection. Read more about this incredible place here.

FIVE // Gaiam Yoga
via Gaiam
As I've gotten more involved in yoga, I have purchased a few new pieces of equipment so I can practice at home. I turned to Gaiam for a new extra-thick mat, yoga blocks and a strap. The mat (pictured above) has an adorable pattern and is very comfortable even when I use it on the wood deck in my backyard. Check it out here.

Have a great weekend!
xoxo,
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment